Often referred to as the "crown jewel" in honors programming, Phi Theta Kappa’s Honors Institute is an intensive week-long exploration of Phi Theta Kappa’s Honors Study Topic. Features of the event include internationally recognized speakers, small group seminars, educational field trips and experiential activities.
Established in 1968 and hosted each June on a four-year college campus, the event annually draws an attendance of approximately 500 members and advisors from across the globe.
One element that makes attending an Honors Institute such an impactful experience is the seminar group. Each Honors Institute attendee is assigned to a small seminar group with which they meet and engage in group discussion and exploration of the topic throughout the week. This experience not only broadens the participant’s understanding of the Honors Study Topic but often builds a network of resources and relationships that last well after the event concludes.
Regional Scholarship to Honors Institute!!!
1. Send a two page essay, double spaced, explaining who you are and why you believe you deserve this scholarship.
2. You must have at least a 3.5 GPA
3. Attach a copy of your transcript with the SS# and home address blacked out.
4. You must be attending school fall quarter 2014 and be able to share what you learned with your home chapter and you must present at summer regional in Moses Lake in July.
5. Send this to email@example.com and Michaelann.Allen@seattlecolleges.edu
6. The final recipitent will be notified by email and must confirm acceptance within 48 hours of receopt of notice.
7. Deadline is April 14, 2014 5pm pacific time